You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content

Brett Kimmorley

Fun Facts

Full Name: Brett Kimmorley

Nickname: Noddy

Date of Birth: 15/9/1976

NRL Debut: 1995

Clubs: Newcastle Knights, Hunter Mariners, Melbourne Storm, Northern Eagles and Cronulla Sharks and Canterbury Bulldogs

Position/s: Halfback

Height: 172cm

Representative Honours: Country, NSW, Australia

Career Highlight: Premiership with Melbourne Storm 1999

Fast Facts

Favourite book: Golf Australia

Favourite colour: Blue

Favourite holiday destination: Fiji

Least favourite food: Spicy food

If I could be an animal I would be: Tiger

Famous person I would like to meet: Tiger Woods

Biography

Brett grew up with his mum, dad and older brother in Newcastle, New South Wales. His childhood was spent playing Rugby League and cricket with his friends. He was an outgoing boy who was very competitive, especially when it came to Rugby League.

Brett started his Rugby League journey at eight years of age. Even before he played Rugby League, Brett and his brother were ball boys and sand boys for his dad’s games. His mum and dad took him to all his games and training, they supported him every step of the way.

As a young child Brett passionately supported the South Sydney Rabbitoh’s but when he turned twelve, Brett’s passion shifted to the new local team – the Newcastle Knights.

Having a chance to play in the NRL was not easy. Once at the Newcastle Knights Brett had to train hard and stay motivated for two years before he got selected for his first grade debut.

Since his NRL debut Brett has made many tremendous memories, on and off the field. His career highlights have been winning an NRL Premiership, playing in the World Cup 2000 and playing his 300th NRL game.

Now, Brett lives at Woolooware in New South Wales and has four precious daughters.  He loves being a NRL ambassador, it allows him to give back to the game which has given him so much. He loves connecting with the community, and promoting the greatest game of all – Rugby League.

Acknowledgement of Country

National Rugby League respects and honours the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.