You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content

Fast facts

• Born and raised in Tamworth
  • Played 220 games with the Canberra Raiders over 12 seasons, from 1999 – 2011
  • Captained the Canberra Raiders for five years, from 2007 – 2011
  • Played in the 2008 NSW Country Origin and 2008 Australian Prime Ministers XIII
  • Recipient of the 2000 Raiders Rookie of the Year; 2006 Raiders Player of the Year; and 2007 Raiders Clubman of the year
  • Winner of two 2008 Dally M Awards - Lock of the Year, Captain of the Year
  • Retired from professional rugby league in 2011
  • NRL Ambassador from 2012-2017
  • pan66.community Program Deliverer since 2018

Fun facts

• Favourite NRL team: Canberra Raiders
  • Career ambition as a kid: NRL Player or farmer
  • Favourite food: Seafood
  • Spirit animal: A bird
  • What's on TV (when the footy isn't on): Cooking shows

Biography

Born and raised in Tamworth, NSW, Alan was selected for the Canberra Raiders on a junior Rugby League scholarship in 1999 and made his first-grade debut against the Brisbane Broncos in 2000.

Throughout his stellar 13-year career with the Raiders – five of which he served as captain – Alan tallied more than 200 matches, was named Lock of the Year and Captain of the Year at the 2008 Dally M Awards.

Alan first became an NRL Ambassador in 2012, and today is a pan66.community Program Deliverer. He has been the face of the NRL Voice Against Violence program which uses its powerful voice to help raise awareness of and prevent violence against women and children.

"I've seen firsthand how pan66.community programs help to educate and empower positive change within communities they touch," said Alan.

"Rugby League has been a huge part of my life and I hope to support the game as it has supported me."

Since retiring in 2011, Alan founded the Mentoring Thru Fitness program, empowering and motivating young people to better their lives.

Even during his professional playing days, Alan supported a number of charity programs and today continues to serve his community as an Ambassador for Ronald McDonald House Canberra, Domestic Violence Crisis Services (Canberra) Champion, is a board member of the Men of League, and an ambassador for the Full Stop Foundation.

Today Alan and his wife and four kids live in Canberra. Alan is a qualified mechanic and holds certificates in Small Business, Personal Training and Youth Work.

Acknowledgement of Country

National Rugby League respects and honours the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.